Welcome to Northview Terrace Swim club! Please note that the following rules and regulations are for the benefit of all families who own memberships at Northview Terrace Swim Club. These rules have been established to help ensure safe and sanitary conditions of the pool and adjoining facilities. Please note that by signing your Member Information Form, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Pool Rules as outlined below:
PLEASE NOTE: AS OWNERS YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF YOUR CHILDREN AND YOUR GUESTS. PLEASE COVER ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS WITH THEM.
The Northview Terrace Swim Club bylaws can be downloaded here.
The Northview Terrace Swim Club rules can be downloaded here.
- Annual membership payments are due May 1 – May 15 of each season. A $50 late fee will be assessed on May 16th. If dues and late fee are not paid in full on, or before June 15, the pool will take ownership of the certificate on June 16.
- All persons using the pool do so at their own risk. The club will not be responsible for any accident or injury in connection with such use.
- The cost of any property damage to the facilities or equipment will be charged to the responsible party or owners of the membership.
- Northview Terrace Swim Club will not be responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Before entering dressing rooms, all swimmers must complete the sign in sheet using their full name and the full name of ALL guests as well as membership number.
- The lifeguard on duty has full authority. In the absence of a lifeguard, a board member should be contacted. If violations are noted, the lifeguard or board member may ask the violator(s) to leave. Any lack of cooperation may be referred to the full Board of Directors for action.
- Only owners are authorized to hold and use keys to the facilities.
POOL HOURS AND AGE LIMITS:
- Hours of Operation: From opening day until mid-June, the pool is open daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm. From mid-June until the end of season, the pool is open daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm (9:00 pm on Sunday). Please note that Hours of Operation may change depending on the weather. Please see official Hours of Operation to know when a lifeguard is, and is not on duty. Lifeguard and Open swim hours are available here (subject to change).
- A current pool schedule will be posted on the bulletin board at the pool and on the website at www.nvtsc.com.
- There will be a lifeguard on duty from mid-June through the end of August.
- When there is NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY: Members between the ages of 16-17 may bring siblings 10 years or older but may NOT bring a guest. Members 18 and older may bring guests.
- When there IS A LIFEGUARD ON DUTY: Children between the ages of 10-11 may swim but NOT bring a guest. Children between the ages of 12-17 may bring one guest.
- UNDER BOTH LIFEGUARD CONDITIONS: Children aged 9 and under are only allowed in the pool area when accompanied by a parent, sibling, or caregiver over the age of 18. If, at the discretion of the Lifeguard or Board Member, adequate supervision is not being maintained, they may be asked to leave the premises.
- Wading pool use shall be limited to children under 8 years old OR those with special needs and only under the direct supervision of an adult/caregiver over the age of 18.
- Owners are responsible for the actions of their guests.
- No member under the age of 12 (with a lifeguard) or 18 (without a lifeguard) may invite a guest unless accompanied by their own parent or caregiver exercising parental supervision.
- Each membership number is allowed to bring up to 15 guests per month and no more than 6 at a time in one day. If you bring 7 (or more) guests we will ask that you schedule a party (please see the next section for party information).
- There is no limit on the amount of parties you may have in one season.
- Adult members must be present during the entire party and help supervise minors.
- Parties are limited to 30 guests (does not count toward 15 guests allowed per month).
- Parties cannot be scheduled on holidays.
- You are allowed to use 2 of our picnic tables and one BBQ for the duration of your party.
- Party fees are as follows: $40 for two hours or $55 for three hours. This fee covers the cost of extra garbage service, restroom supplies, and a personal lifeguard designated for your party.
- An additional $25 security deposit (paid with a separate check) is required and may be refunded under the following circumstances: all pool rules are followed, you clean up after yourself and your guests, you leave on time, or provide 24-hour’s notice to cancel or reschedule your party if needed.
Upon the return of your deposit, we will ask that you pick up your check at the pool and initial that you received it.
- Party cancellation: A 24-hour notice is required to cancel or reschedule your party. If this notice is not given within this timeframe, you may not be eligible to receive your $25 security deposit.
- All parties need to be scheduled with the NVTSC Secretary, at least 14 days prior to the day of the party. You can reach them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fees and registration form must be turned in 14 days prior to the party. If these are not submitted in the required timeframe, the party may not be able to be scheduled.
- Once the party has been scheduled and paid for, you’ll receive a party packet that includes waterproof wrist bands for the party guests. This helps the lifeguard assigned to your party identify guests.
- Only one party will be scheduled at a specific time. You are encouraged to secure your desired day and time as soon as possible.
- Completed forms and payment may be returned in an envelope using the mail slot next to the pump room door. The NVTSC Secretary will contact you to confirm the party and place it on the calendar.
- NO ONE may swim alone. Infraction of this rule may result in disciplinary actions against your membership.
- Everyone must shower using soap before entering the pool.
- Swimmers coming from the lawn area onto the pool deck must use the foot shower.
- Apply sunscreen 10-15 minutes prior to entering the water and use spray sunscreen in the grassy area instead of spraying it around the edge of the pool. This directly affects the pool chemistry and may result in pool closure if the water becomes too cloudy or causes an “algae bloom” (green/murky water)
- Swimmers must wear standard swimming attire in the pool. No cut-offs, shorts, or street clothes.
- Babies still in diapers must wear a swim diaper. No disposable diapers.
- When an overcrowded situation exists, the Lifeguard or Board Member may limit the number of swimmers in the pool.
- All persons using the facilities should do so in a quiet manner so as not to disturb persons living in the immediate area or others using the facilities. This includes the use of vulgar or inappropriate language.
- Strapless sun bathing is NOT Swimsuits must be kept on and strapped at all times.
- The following things are not allowed within the fence surrounding the deck and pool: Running, pushing, wrestling, or causing undue disturbance. No glass containers, sharp objects, breakable toys, or objects that will disintegrate. NO CHEWING GUM OR FOOD. Please use the picnic areas to enjoy your snacks.
- Spitting, blowing nose, or otherwise contaminating the pool is prohibited.
- Use of large inflatable toys shall be at the discretion of the lifeguard. Small floaties MUST make a complete circle (donut) with no open edges.
- NO SMOKING, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, ABUSIVE OR VULGAR BEHAVIOR/LANGUAGE, or PETS are permitted for any reason on NVTSC Pool Properties (certified service pets excluded and you must have your pet’s certification card in your possession). “Pool Properties” include the entire fenced in pool, deck, lawns, dressing rooms, parking lot, and property extending to 18th Ave.
- Permission to swim is refused to anyone with skin abrasions or open wounds.
- The safety equipment is to be used only for its intended purpose.
Infractions of any of these rules may result in the following disciplinary actions being taken by the Board of Directors: 1st Offense: Three-day suspension for the violator. 2nd Offense: One week suspension for all owners/members connected with that membership. Continuing offenses will be considered by the Board of Directors for further action which may result in the termination of membership as outlined in the Northview Terrace Swim Club Bylaws.